Balsamic Braised Short Ribs
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp thyme
4-6 Hat Brand Beef short ribs
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup beef broth
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Place onion, garlic and thyme in the bottom of a roasting pan (or slow cooker if you prefer)
2. Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Sear short ribs until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Place seared short ribs on top of the onion, garlic, and thyme.
4. Pour balsamic vinegar and broth into the skillet and deglaze the bottom of the pan (scrape up any browned bits). Pour the liquid over the short ribs. Add the Worcestershire sauce.
5. Cover and cook on low or 300F for 4-6 hours until fork tender.
6. Serve short ribs over mashed potatoes topped with a spoonful of the liquid. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Lively Table.