Cider Marinated Roast
- 4 lbs. Hat Brand Beef sirloin tip or chuck roast
- 2 cups apple cider
- ⅔ cup salad oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. whole allspice
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Make 2 dozen slits in meat (approx. 1 inch deep) and place in bowl.
- Combine all ingredients but cornstarch. Pour over the roast and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the roast from the marinade and place in roasting pan.
- Strain the marinade, reserving 1/4 cup of marinade, and pour over roast before placing in the oven. Cook for approx. 3 hours at 300F.
- When meat is cooked and tender, remove it to a platter and cover. Skim fat from the roasting pan and bring drippings to a simmer. Combine reserved marinade with cornstarch and add to drippings. Cook until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Slice very thinly to serve. Glaze roast. Enjoy!