Erin's Chile Braised Short Ribs
3 lbs Hat Brand Beef Bone-In Short Ribs
3 Cups Chile Braising Base (recipe below)
Buttermilk Onion Rings
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Pickled Scallions, for garnish
Chile Braising Base
Yield: 3 Cups
2 Cups Chicken Stock
2 ounces Dried Guajillo & Ancho Chile Peppers, stemmed and seeded
1. In a small saucepan, bring Chaile peppers & chicken stock to a boil. Cover, remove from heat & steep for 20 minutes.
7 ounce can of Chipotle peppers in Adobo
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
1 Tbs Tomato Paste
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Ground Oregano
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Cacho de Cabra (optional)
1 tsp Kosher Salt
Juice of 1 lime
2. Combine steeped peppers and remaining ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
3. Pass thru a sieve. (Optional)
4. Season and sear short ribs.
5. Pour Chile purée over short ribs, cover & braise until very tender, about 4 hours.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, onion rings and scallions.
Follow Erin on Instagram for more delicious food content and recipes!