Erin's Wisconsin Style Beer Braised Bratwurst
4 Hat Brand Beef brats
Lager style beer
2 sweet onions, sliced
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Heat BGE to 425 degrees F.
2. Place bratwurst in a shallow saucepan and cover with beer. Simmer to cook thru while grill heats.
3. Melt butter in a fry pan and cook onions (with a healthy pinch of salt) on low heat until caramelized, about 45 minutes.
4. Remove brats from beer and transfer to a plate.
5. Grill using direct heat 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Transfer to a platter. Let rest 10 minutes, tenting with foil.
7. Slice brats in half and serve on toasted homemade rolls with Dijon mustard, caramelized onions, sauerkraut and Wisconsin sharp white cheddar cheese!