3-4 lbs Hat Brand Beef chuck roast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups beef broth
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp butter
8 slices provolone cheese
8 hoagie rolls
1. Heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Brown each side of the roast until well browned.
2. Add thinly sliced onions to the bottom of a crockpot or roasting pan.
3. Combine the salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub the spices onto the roast. Place the roast in the bottom of the crockpot or roasting pan.
4. Add in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Cook in the crockpot on low for 8-10 hours (this method is perfect if you'll be gone all day) or in the oven at 300F for 4-5 hours (or until fork tender).
6. Remove the roast and slice or shred.
7. Add the juices from the bottom of the pan to a small saucepan. Bring the drippings to a simmer over medium heat.
8. Add butter and stir until melted. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
9. While the jus is simmering, butter both sides of the hoagie rolls generously. Broil for 2-3 minutes until golden and toasted.
10. Remove the hoagie rolls from the oven. Remove the tops from the pan (we don't want them back under the broiler) and add shredded roast to the bottom portion of the rolls. Top with provolone cheese. Return to the broiler until cheese melts.
11. Put the tops back on the sandwiches and serve au jus. Enjoy!
*Recipe inspired by Little Home in the Making