- Meatballs (recipe below)
- 8 hoagie rolls
- 24 oz. of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Provolone cheese, sliced
- 2 lbs. Hat Brand Ground Beef
- ½ cup onion finely diced
- 2 cups oats, grind briefly in a blender
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine meatball ingredients and form into golf ball sized balls.
- Cook meatballs on medium- high with a little olive oil, browning all sides. Drain grease.
- Add marinara sauce to meatballs, cover pan, and cook until marinara sauce is warm and meatballs reach internal temperature of 160F.
- While meatballs are cooking, saute onions and peppers until caramelized. Generously butter hoagie and broil until lightly browned.
- Add meatballs, marinara sauce, peppers and onions, provolone cheese and mozzarella cheese to hoagie rolls. Return to broil until cheese melts.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device