3-4 lb chuck roast
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pepperoncini juice
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
1 packet of au jus gravy mix
1/4 cup butter
5-6 pepperoncini peppers
1. Using olive oil, brown all sides of the roast in a pan on medium-high heat.
2. Place the roast in your crockpot. Add 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup of pepperoncini juice to the bottom of the dish.
3. Sprinkle the ranch dressing and au jus gravy mixes over the roast. Add the butter and peppers on top of the mix.
4. Cook on low until roast is fork tender, approximately 8 hours.
5. Remove the roast and pour the juices into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and make gravy using 1 part cornstarch to 3 parts water. Mix well and stir slowly into juices until it reaches your desired thickness.
Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!
Oven Directions: If you prefer to cook it in the oven, use a roasting pan and add more liquid to the bottom of the pan. Cook at 300F for 4-5 hours.