Sesame Soy Marinated Roast
4-5 lbs Hat Brand Beef chuck roast
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp butter
½ cup strong coffee
½ cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp sherry or water
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Place roast in a large bowl with cover.
2. Toast 1 Tbsp sesame seeds in butter for 1 minute over medium heat.
3. Add coffee, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Heat to boiling
4. Pour marinade over roast. Marinate overnight covered.
5. Remove roast from marinade, brown on both sides in roasting pan. Pour marinade over and cover.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 4-5 hours or until tender.
7. Remove roast from pan. Remove excess fat. Bring to boil.
8. Add cornstarch mixed with sherry or water. Whisk until thickened. Stir in additional sesame seeds. Drizzle gravy over sliced roast to serve.
Good served with your favorite potatoes, cooked carrots, and green salad.