Shredded Beef Sandwiches
2-3 lb Hat Brand Beef chuck or sirloin tip roast
1 Tbsp oil
2/3 cup beef broth
2 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
Your favorite BBQ sauce (see our favorite homemade recipe below)
1. In a roasting pan (or skillet if cooking the roast in a slow cooker), heat oil on medium heat. Add the roast to the pan and cook each side until all sides are well browned.
2. Add beef broth, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce to the bottom of the roasting pan (or slow cooker).
3. Generously sprinkle the roast with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. No measurements here. Just use your best judgement.
4. Cover and put it in the oven at 300F for approximately 4 hours or until fork tender. (If using your slow cooker, cook on low for 8-10 hours).
5. Remove the roast, cool slightly, and shred with 2 forks (or put rubber gloves on and use your hands!)
6. Skim fat from the juices. Add the shredded beef back in with the juices and stir to combine.
Serve with or without buns (buttered toasted buns take it up a notch!) with your favorite bbq sauce. Enjoy!!
Mindy's Homemade BBQ Sauce
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp dry mustard
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Combine in a small sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.