The Best Ever Cheeseburger Soup
1lb Hat Brand Ground Beef
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup diced celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
4 tablespoons butter, divided
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Brown ground beef in a pot. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add 1 T butter, onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
3. Add broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender (approximately 10-12min).
4. In small skillet, melt remaining butter (3 T). Add the flour and cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
5. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
6. Serve topped with chopped pickles, bacon pieces (fresh are best but in a pinch the precooked once work), a dollop of sour cream, and homemade croutons (these are a game changer! Just chop bread into pieces, coat in butter, add desired seasonings, and sauté until toasty!)
Happy Cooking! 🧑🍳
*Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic*