The Best Ever Lasagna
1 lb Hat Brand Ground Beef
1 lb sausage (brown and drain fat)
1 Tbsp whole basil
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp salt
2 - 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
2 - 6 oz cans tomato paste
3 cups cottage cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
Mozzarella cheese, grated
10 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package
1. Brown ground beef and sausage over medium heat. Drain fat.
2. Add basil, garlic, salt, tomatoes, and tomato paste to ground beef. Let simmer on low until warmed through.
3. Mix eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes in a bowl until well blended.
4. In a greased 9x13 pan, spread a thin layer of meat sauce. Layer as follows: noodles, cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce, mozzarella cheese. Repeat once.
5. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.