Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
8 oz ramen noodles or spaghetti noodles
3 cups broccoli florets
1 Tbsp olive oil
1lb HBB flank steak
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 Tbsp (or to taste) packed brown sugar
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp hoisen sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp pepper
1. Cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of boiling and cook until tender. (If using ramen noodles, cook noodles and broccoli separately). Drain.
2. Cut the steak into 1/4 inch strips, slicing against the grain.
3. While cooking the pasta, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Brown the steak until desired doneness. Add garlic and carrots and cook a minute longer.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper, and pepper.
5. Add the noodles and sauce to the skillet and toss until well combined.
Note: Steak and veggies can be increased to your liking.
Recipe adapted from www.therecipecritic.com