Erin's Braised Beef & Gravy
2lbs Hat Brand Beef stew/kebab meat
1/3 cup dry sparkling wine
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1.5 Tablespoons butter
1.5 Tablespoons flour
2 cups beef stock
4 ounces crème fraiche
1.5 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
8 ounces pearl onions, blanched & peeled
8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
Paprika & Garlic Powder
6 ounces homemade pasta
3 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees on convection setting or 300 degrees non-convection.
- Season all sides of the beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of canola over high heat in a wide dutch oven.
- Sear beef pieces for 2-3 minutes per side, remove and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium and add veggies. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, crème fraiche and dijon. Bring to a simmer and whisk to emulsify. Add beef and cover with a heavy lid.
- Transfer to oven and braise until very tender, about 3 hours.
- Skim excess fat, if desired, after braising.
Serve over parsley buttered noodles along with caramelized pearl onions and mushrooms sautéed in butter with paprika and garlic.