Erin's Braised Beef & Gravy
2lbs Hat Brand Beef stew/kebab meat
1/3 cup dry sparkling wine
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1.5 Tablespoons butter
1.5 Tablespoons flour
2 cups beef stock
4 ounces crème fraiche
1.5 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
8 ounces pearl onions, blanched & peeled
8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
Paprika & Garlic Powder
6 ounces homemade pasta
3 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees on convection setting or 300 degrees non-convection.
- Season all sides of the beef cubes with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of canola over high heat in a wide dutch oven.
- Sear beef pieces for 2-3 minutes per side, remove and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium and add veggies. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add beef broth, crème fraiche and dijon. Bring to a simmer and whisk to emulsify. Add beef and cover with a heavy lid.
- Transfer to oven and braise until very tender, about 3 hours.
- Skim excess fat, if desired, after braising.
Serve over parsley buttered noodles along with caramelized pearl onions and mushrooms sautéed in butter with paprika and garlic.
Follow Erin on Instagram for more delicious food content and recipes!