Erin's Pot Roast Sandwich
3.5-4 lbs Hat Brand Beef Chuck Roast
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 cups beef broth
1 cup dry Sherry wine
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 onion, quartered
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 bay leaves
1 spring fresh thyme
4 pretzel rolls, preferably homemade & toasted
6 ounces white cheddar, sliced
6 ounces mozzarella, sliced
1/2 cup Amber beer aioli, preferably homemade
2 large onions, caramelized
(2 Tbsp butter + 1Tbsp Sherry vinegar + 1 tsp salt)
1. Heat BGE to 450 degrees F.
2. Rub chuck roast with salt, pepper, thyme & olive oil. Grill using direct heat 5-6 minutes per side.
3. Combine chuck roast with remaining ingredients in a large heavy Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid.
4. Braise at 300 degrees for about 4 hours til tender.
5. Remove roast and shred meat, discarding any excess fat.
6. Strain liquid and reduce with 2 TB corn starch to make a gravy. Check seasoning & return shredded meat while keeping warm to build sandwiches.
7. Assemble sandwiches dividing ingredients equally.
Follow Erin on Instagram for more delicious food content and recipes!